Saturday, April 16, 2011

Laurie

From the Desk of Laurie Veenema:

alas, nothing new to read.  Where have all my people gone?  Long time passing?  Where have all my people gone?  Long long time ago.....Where have all my people gone?  Gone to the 'fridge every one!  When will they ever learn?  When will they ever learn?

.................................................
Laurie:  Everyone must be too busy eating large amounts of food to come to the blog page.  Why just the other day, we grilled outside.  We made bratwursts, well we cooked them, actually, they were already made.

Sandy had one, I had 4.  And we both gained a pound each. 

Excersize:  Well, I usually ride my bike on Saturdays, but it is raining today, so I think we are gonna go to the bookstore.  I will get a book by Willa Cather.  In 5th grade or so, I had to do a report on her...I was mad I had to do my book report on a woman.  I was mad I couldn't get Edgar Alan Poe, but Steve Klemm got him instead by asking ahead....so mad.  Anyway, I told myself I will read something by her....it took many years for me to do it....but I finally did it and I read "My Antonia".  It was awesome.  (Oh yeah, I read "Paul's Case" which is a short story by her, think I read that in college.)  It just goes to show you...that...I don't know...do book reports on Willa Cather.  She was gay.   So now I am gonna read "O Pioneers".  I'm just saying...  Mark 

No comments:

Post a Comment