Sunday, January 23, 2011

Laurie Skis and Eats....all on 23Jan11

Hello everyone,
I got out skiing today at Cannonsburg St Game Are.  We skiied for probably and hour and fifteen minutes or so.  My eating habits are still not the best but they seem to improve when I start moving a bit.  How are the skiis working out Sandy?  My one and only tip for x-country skiing is to really suck in your gut especially when going up a hill.  It seems to make your butt stay more underneath you or something, plus it just strengthens your core.  I fell twice going down a hill (it was kind of icey) but then when I remembered the "suck in your gut" thing I did much better.  I also bought Just Dance 2 for the wii (over a week ago) and just plugged it in for the first time today.  I did a warm up and then "It's Raining Men"  for 11 minutes.  I didn't do more because we were going skiing.  I liked it.  I can see myself maybe doing a few minutes in the eveing after work for starts and then hopefully increasing the time.  I'll keep you posted.
Wondering how Bri did in Vegas and Sherry and Kevin too.
Planning on skiing again next Friday out at Pigeon Creek with a friend who either hasn't done any or hasn't done much x-country skiing before.  Jim and I are game for skiing out at Hoffmaster too.  His race is the weekend of Feb. 5 so it will probably be after that.  But we'll have to make a plan before we lose all this glorious snow. 
Well, got some Zuma Blitz work to do.  Look forward to ya'lls blogs.
Mrs. Huge
PS:  We have a weigh in coming up next weekend.  Should we make a plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment